Now accepting applications
The Application takes about 30 minutes to complete.
- Create account on Formsite to submit their application. You will be able to save their responses and return to complete the application at your convenience.
- Fill out the application. Be prepared to include CV and copies of any licenses or proof of credentials and experience.
- Receive a copy of your application and a confirmation email once the application is successfully submitted.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all available training spots are filled. Applications will remain on file for consideration as future training cohorts open enrollment; previous applicants do not need to reapply. Applicants who are accepted by the Admissions Committee will receive an acceptance letter and an opportunity to register for an open cohort or choose to remain on the waitlist for future cohorts.
2021 Tuition: $5,000 USD
The tuition fee covers the cost of the 100-hour MDMA Therapy Training Program course, not including the experiential elective or consultation.
Due upon registration, can be paid by credit card.
Qualified candidates for the MDMA Therapy Training Program must meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Hold an active license or registration to practice psychotherapy in good standing in their jurisdiction
- OR… Currently participating in a post-doctorate, post-graduate internship, or residency program in the field of mental health
- OR… Able to demonstrate a minimum of 1,000 hours of experience providing behavioral health services
Thanks to the MAPS Health Equity Fund, the MDMA Therapy Training Program is honored to offer a number of full ($5,000) and partial ($2,500) scholarships for tuition fees for the 2021 training program.
Equitable access is core to MAPS’ mission to catalyze healing for all who suffer from trauma. MAPS PBC is committed to creating pathways to access MDMA-assisted therapy for those historically marginalized by the mental health field and society at large. Therapeutic modalities, such as MDMA-assisted therapy, are richer, more relevant, and more authentic when they are shaped by and shared across a diverse range of voices, perspectives, cultures, and contexts. The practice of MDMA-assisted therapy grows and evolves within a community of relationship, equity, and service.
e MAPS Health Equity Scholarship is part of MAPS and MAPS PBC’s larger commitment to increasing inclusion and equity in our programs and advancing the initiatives outlined by the MAPS Health Equity Fund.
By awarding funds through the MAPS Health Equity Scholarship, the MDMA Therapy Training Program hopes to achieve the following in 2021:
- Create a more accessible training program to ensure that the network of MDMA-Assisted Therapy Practitioners is vast and able to support diverse communities suffering from a spectrum of trauma.
- Increase the number of MAPS-Certified MDMA-Assisted Therapy Practitioners who identify as Black, Indigenous, and people of color.
- Train and learn from more therapy practitioners who live and work in historically marginalized communities.
- Foster connection and validate unique experiences of trauma in marginalized communities.
The MAPS Health Equity Scholarship will be granting funds to qualified practitioners under 3 main criteria:
- Black, Indigenous, and all practitioners of color
- Trans and non-binary practitioners
- Practitioners from refugee communities
Applicants who demonstrate financial need will be given priority in the scholarship selection process.
Use the MAPS Health Equity Scholarship Application to apply.
To be considered for a MAPS Health Equity Scholarship, applicants must:
- Submit an MDMA Therapy Training Program Application
- Submit a MAPS Health Equity Scholarship Application
Scholarship applications can only be considered for applicants who have a training program application on file. Please submit a training application [hyperlink] prior to completing an application for scholarship.
Summer 2021 Scholarship Application Final Deadline: April 11th
Fall 2021 Scholarship Application Final Deadline: July 29th
Scholarship applications will be reviewed in the order they are received: we encourage you to apply early. Applicants for the Fall 2021 scholarship will be notified of award decisions by August 11th.
If you would like to support MDMA Therapy Training opportunities for communities of color and practitioners from and serving marginalized communities, please consider donating to this effort. Your donation is tax deductible and will help to build equity and inclusion in the field of psychedelic therapy.