MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC) catalyzes healing and well-being through psychedelic drug development, therapist training programs, and sales of prescription psychedelics prioritizing public benefit above profit. Founded in 2014, MAPS PBC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
MAPS PBC is committed to the evolution of psychedelic healing modalities. We are building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome applicants who thrive in the midst of a growing organization that values science and healing.
We believe in diversity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, military and veteran status, religions, abilities, and perspectives. MAPS PBC values and seeks applicants who are people of color, queer, transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender fluid people. MAPS PBC strives to establish a supportive, equitable and accessible work environment.
Investigators are conducting a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multi-site phase 3 study of the efficacy and safety of manualized MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for the treatment of severe posttraumatic stress disorder. MDMA is a Schedule 1 controlled substance. This study is sponsored by the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), a non-profit, membership-based research and educational organization and is being conducted as a pharmaceutical trial under the jurisdiction of the US FDA. MAPS’ mission is 1) to treat conditions for which traditional medicines provide limited relief—such as posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), pain, drug dependence, and anxiety and depression associated with end-of-life issues—by developing psychedelics and marijuana into prescription medicines; 2) to cure people by building a network of clinics where treatments can be provided; and 3) to educate the public honestly about the risks and benefits of these drugs.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email is: email@example.com to apply.
The individual in this position is responsible for the professional execution of clinical research activities under the direction of the Site Principal Investigator and the Sponsor.
Marcela Ot’alora G., MA LPC
40 hours per week
Ready to begin November 2019 and work on an annual contract basis for duration of the study. Study is expected to last until 2021.
- Collaborate within a team throughout the clinic and the Sponsor in order to successfully conduct the clinical trial.
- Provide support and tracking of fiscal study management, preparing invoices for services and payment.
- Oversee study operations, filing of essential documents, regulatory documentation and keeping tracking logs up to date.
- Coordinate all aspects of subject participation associated with trial execution including subject recruitment, appointment making, screening, enrollment, consent, coordinate lab work, coordinate visits with outside raters, track study visits and provide information to team members as needed.
- Participate in regular team meetings.
- Ensure general inquiries from current and prospective participants and others are appropriately managed.
- Maintain Source Records and complete electronic Case Report Form with input from the Investigator.
- Perform data uploads.
- Provide on-site support in cases of anomalies or emergencies and ensure timely completion of safety reporting forms.
- Provide general support for a successful completion of the study.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years of clinical research experience.
- Interest in gaining experience working on a FDA approved clinical trial following ICH/GCP.
- Knowledge of ICH/GCP guidelines and FDA CFR regulations as they apply to clinical research.
- Computer skills including experience with electronic CRF systems, competent in Word and spreadsheet applications and proficient in MS Office applications.
- Living in the Boulder, CO area
- Able to pass a DEA background check with no record of felony drug charges.
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Open and clear communicator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and influential approach
- Self-motivating, able to prioritize tasks and take initiative
- Possess sound judgment, providing appropriate escalation of issues, discretion and be highly detail orientated
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to lead, motivate and understand the needs of others.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to timelines.
- Coordination and planning of multiple tasks with excellent follow through and time management.
- Recognize potential obstacles and work within set timelines.
- Conscientious and precise delivery of work even when under pressure.