MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC) catalyzes healing and well-being through psychedelic drug development, therapist training programs, and sales of prescription psychedelics prioritizing public benefit above profit. Founded in 2014, MAPS PBC is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. More information about the organization is available at mapspublicbenefit.com.
MAPS PBC is committed to the evolution of psychedelic healing modalities. We are building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome applicants who thrive in the midst of a growing organization that values science and healing.
MAPS PBC advances equity and inclusion in the workplace by providing equal employment opportunity to support a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, arrest or conviction record, and any other basis prohibited by law. The organization also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. This equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, advancement, training, problem resolution, and separation from employment. Through this policy, MAPS PBC strives to establish and maintain an equitable and accessible work environment that is supportive and free from discrimination.
Reporting to the Video Systems Manager, the Media Technician facilitates the storage, organization, and delivery of archival media collections. This position requires previous experience managing media in a code-based environment.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online here.
This is a remote position from a suitable home office with a private and quiet area to work. Secure internet and reliable phone reception are required. This position requires frequent phone and internet meetings. Certain home office expenses may be reimbursed. A work computer will be provided. Occasional visits to the Santa Cruz office may be required.
Full time 40 hours per week. Applicants must be available 40 hours a week, during normal business hours (9:00 AM – 6:00 PM Monday-Friday PST). The exact schedule may be arranged upon hire. Occasional weekend hours may be required with advance arrangement.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ Years’ Experience
- Media Management experience
- Digital Asset Management platform experience
- Intermediate experience in AWS
- Experience in Unix-based systems
- Experience using FFmpeg
- Experience providing technical support
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, communicates clearly about deadlines and expectations
- Able to manage time and ask for support when needed
- Available during regular business hours
- Quick learner, excited about learning to use systems in new contexts
Archival Media Management
- Organization and consolidation of media collections
- Media handling and scripting in a code-based environment
- Media processing and transcoding
- Facilitating media deliveries
Collaborating Across Teams
- Setting up and managing test environments for different user groups
- Managing live media directories with multiple active stakeholders
- Drafting and implementing work instructions, from end-user guides to bash scripting
- Providing technical support upon request
Media Tracking and Process Optimization
- Optimizing media asset tracking strategies
- Data entry for media asset tracking
- Reconciliation of legacy asset tracking
- Communicate and collaborate with key players, internal and external staff
- Check in regularly with supervisor and complete assignments by agreed deadline
- Document processes and provide regular updates
- Proactively seek methods of improvement, streamlining workflows and building efficiencies in individual work and project outcomes
Non-Exempt (i.e. eligible for overtime)
Salary range disclosed upon request. Includes full benefits package.