MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC) catalyzes healing and well-being through psychedelic drug development, therapist training programs, and sales of prescription psychedelics prioritizing public benefit above profit. Founded in 2014, MAPS PBC is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. More information about the organization is available at mapspublicbenefit.com.
MAPS PBC is committed to the evolution of psychedelic healing modalities. We are building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome applicants who thrive in the midst of a growing organization that values science and healing.
MAPS PBC advances equity and inclusion in the workplace by providing equal employment opportunity to support a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, arrest or conviction record, and any other basis prohibited by law. The organization also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. This equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, advancement, training, problem resolution, and separation from employment. Through this policy, MAPS PBC strives to establish and maintain an equitable and accessible work environment that is supportive and free from discrimination.
Reporting to the IT Program Manager, the IT Support Technician will primarily be the first level of support to the employees and contractors for MAPS Public Benefit Corporation.
This position requires excellent customer service skills.
Please apply at https://mapspublicbenefit.com/apply
This is a remote position from a suitable home office with a private and quiet area to work. Secure internet and reliable phone reception are required. This position requires frequent phone and internet meetings. A work computer will be provided.
This is a full-time position and applicants must be available 40 hours per week, during normal business hours (9:00 AM – 6:00 PM Pacific Time Zone, Monday – Friday). The exact schedule may be arranged upon hire. Occasional weekend hours may be required with advance arrangement.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Trained in SharePoint and other Microsoft software environments
- One or more years of experience in IT or application support
- Familiarity with HelpDesk software and processes
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer/staff support capabilities and highly personable
- Ability to articulate, write, and personally present information in a clear and understandable manner
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities successfully within a deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity with healthcare, pharmaceutical, or highly-regulated environments is a plus
- Ability to ask clear, goal-oriented questions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Support end-users by phone, e-mail, or remote session with typical day-to-day computing tasks
- Document and track support requests inside a ticketing system
- Follow up with end-users to ensure satisfactory resolution of issues
- Conduct basic troubleshooting of common issues (internet, WiFi, printing, application login, password reset) and escalate if needed to the IT Program Manager
- Provision new user hardware and accounts at the direction of the IT Program Manager
- Learn MAPS PBC line-of-business applications to better assist with system management and administration
- Assist with documenting the IT environment using provided tools
- Develop end-user support documentation such as walkthroughs or guides when necessary
- Limited travel outside Northern California
- Communicate and collaborate with key players, including internal and external staff
- Check in regularly with supervisor and complete assignments by agreed deadline
- Document processes and provide regular updates
- Proactively seek methods of improvement, streamline workflows, and build efficiencies in individual work and project outcomes
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications (SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Comfortable using internet applications
- Comfortable navigating Mac and PC operating systems
- Self-motivated to complete tasks within agreed-upon deadline
- Able to communicate clearly about deadlines and expectations
- Able to manage time well and ask for support when needed
- Quick learner and excited about learning to use systems in new contexts
- Able to support the following tools in multiple, pre-specified contexts (some training will be provided): Smartsheet, Zoom, Asana, Clinical Trial Management Systems, Medrio, human resource information systems (HRIS)
Non-Exempt (i.e. eligible for overtime)
Salary depends on experience. Includes full benefits package.