MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC) catalyzes healing and well-being through psychedelic drug development, therapist training programs, and sales of prescription psychedelics prioritizing public benefit above profit. Founded in 2014, MAPS PBC is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. More information about the organization is available at mapspublicbenefit.com.
MAPS PBC is committed to the evolution of psychedelic healing modalities. We are building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome applicants who thrive in the midst of a growing organization that values science and healing.
MAPS PBC advances equity and inclusion in the workplace by providing equal employment opportunity to support a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, arrest or conviction record, and any other basis prohibited by law. The organization also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. This equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, advancement, training, problem resolution, and separation from employment. Through this policy, MAPS PBC strives to establish and maintain an equitable and accessible work environment that is supportive and free from discrimination.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for assisting in the development of accurate financial projections and preparing semi-annual reports for the Board of Directors. This position will prepare variance to actuals reporting, standardize the budgeting process for new studies, as well as assist with business development and revenue forecasting.
This position requires strong analytical abilities and attention to detail, as well as advanced excel skills. They must possess the ability to present complex financial data in a coherent manner, as well as a knack for meeting tight deadlines.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online here.
This is a remote position from a suitable home office with a private and quiet area to work. Secure internet and reliable phone reception are required. This position requires frequent phone and internet meetings. Certain home office expenses may be reimbursed. A work computer will be provided.
Full-time, exempt. Applicants must be available during normal business hours (MAPS PBC headquarters is in Santa Cruz, CA). Occasional weekend hours may be required with advance arrangement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related business focus
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Strategic mindset, ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Emotionally intelligent team player
- Develop accurate financial projections and monthly deliverables comparing to actuals
- Assist in accounting software implementation, including new GL system and potential EPM system
- Maintain and improve upon standardized budgeting templates to systematically project new studies based on a guided series of assumptions
- Assist in the preparation of semi-annual financials for board presentation and supporting documentation
- Support business development activities, revenue stream forecasting, and cash flow projections
- Undertake ad hoc projects as determined by the Director of FP&A
- Communicate and collaborate with key players, internal and external staff
- Check in regularly with supervisor and complete assignments by agreed deadline
- Document processes and provide regular updates
- Proactively seek methods of improvement, streamlining workflows and building efficiencies in individual work and project outcomes
- Collaborate with Clinical Operations to assist business decisions with analytical support
Salary range disclosed upon request. Includes full benefits package.