MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC) catalyzes healing and well-being through psychedelic drug development, therapist training programs, and sales of prescription psychedelics prioritizing public benefit above profit. Founded in 2014, MAPS PBC is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. More information about the organization is available at mapspublicbenefit.com.
MAPS PBC is committed to the evolution of psychedelic healing modalities. We are building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome applicants who thrive in the midst of a growing organization that values science and healing.
MAPS PBC advances equity and inclusion in the workplace by providing equal employment opportunity to support a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, arrest or conviction record, and any other basis prohibited by law. The organization also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. This equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, advancement, training, problem resolution, and separation from employment. Through this policy, MAPS PBC strives to establish and maintain an equitable and accessible work environment that is supportive and free from discrimination.
Call for Candidates
Reporting to the Systems Manager, the Document Control Specialist is primarily responsible for filing and quality control of auditable regulatory document filing in the Montrium eTMF for clinical trials. This position also supports data clean-up efforts, system configurations and documentation, as well as technology-related inventory management.
The Document Control Specialist must enjoy working in a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-focused, and research-oriented.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at: https://mapspublicbenefit.com/apply
This is a remote position from a suitable home office with a private and quiet area to work. Secure internet and reliable phone reception are required. This position requires frequent phone and internet video meetings. Certain home office expenses may be reimbursed. A work computer will be provided. The MAPS PBC headquarters office is located in Santa Cruz, CA. Occasional travel may be required. Bay Area candidates preferred.
Full time, non-exempt, salaried position. Must be available during normal business hours for a California-based company. Occasional night and weekend hours may be required.
- A bachelor’s degree in the biomedical sciences or a related field, or relevant experience with a strong interest in clinical research
- Familiar with Good Clinical Practices
- Demonstrated willingness to stay abreast of development in the area of professional competence
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Open and clear communicator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and influential approach
- Self-motivating, able to prioritize and take initiative
- Make informed decisions based on guidance from manager and take responsibility for actions
- Possess sound judgment, discretion and be detail orientated
- Able to lead, motivate and understand the needs of others
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details and timelines
- Able to work quickly in a remote virtual setting
- Computer skills, facility with word-processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Coordination and planning of tasks and time management
- Recognize potential obstacles and work within set timelines
- Conscientious and precise delivery of work even when under pressure
- Be proactive in problem solving
- Ability to use the following tools with some training (previous experience a plus): Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint), Smartsheet, Zoom and Asana.
Description of Responsibilities
- Primarily responsible for quality control of auditable document filing in the Montrium eTMF
- Generate data clean-up reports and resolve clean-up issues
- Support basic configuration/optimization for systems
- Ad hoc data issue analysis, investigation, clean-up
- Documentation development under supervision of application manager, as needed
- Smartsheet and Asana support
- Support document inventory management
Non-Exempt, this position is eligible for overtime.
Salaried compensation commensurate with experience, range available upon request. Full benefits package included.