MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC) catalyzes healing and well-being through psychedelic drug development, therapist training programs, and sales of prescription psychedelics prioritizing public benefit above profit. Founded in 2014, MAPS PBC is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. More information about the organization is available at mapspublicbenefit.com.
MAPS PBC is committed to the evolution of psychedelic healing modalities. We are building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome applicants who thrive in the midst of a growing organization that values science and healing.
MAPS PBC advances equity and inclusion in the workplace by providing equal employment opportunity to support a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, arrest or conviction record, and any other basis prohibited by law. The organization also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. This equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, advancement, training, problem resolution, and separation from employment. Through this policy, MAPS PBC strives to establish and maintain an equitable and accessible work environment that is supportive and free from discrimination.
Call for Candidates
MAPS PBC is seeking a self-motivated team player who is excited and driven to join the Data Services Department as our new Clinical Research Scientist (CRS). Reporting to the Clinical Data Scientist, the CRS provides scientific input and medical writing throughout the clinical trial process from development and implementation to analysis, interpretation, and reporting. As an integral member of the Data Science Team, the CRS works closely with the Clinical Operations Department to assist in development of clinical trial protocols, protocol amendments, statistical analysis plans, clinical study reports, and scientific publications.
The CRS must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and research-oriented. The ideal individual will have strong technical capabilities to work within quality systems. The ability to work under pressure to handle a wide variety of activities is also necessary. Suitable candidates are able to work well in a fast environment and are adept at organizing and managing lots of information virtually.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at:https://mapspbc.bamboohr.com/jobs/
This is a remote position from a suitable home office with a private and quiet area to work. Secure internet and reliable phone reception are required. This position requires frequent phone and internet meetings. Certain home office expenses may be reimbursed. A work computer will be provided. Priority is placed on applicants based in the Pacific time zone (U.S. west coast). The MAPS PBC headquarters office is located in Santa Cruz, CA. Occasional travel may be required.
Full-time, 40 hours per week. Applicants must be available during normal business hours for a California-based company. The exact schedule may be arranged upon hire. Occasional weekend hours may be required.
- Communicate and collaborate with key players, including internal and external staff
- Check in regularly with Department Director and complete assignments by agreed deadline
- Document processes and provide regular updates
- Proactively seek methods of improvement for individual work and project outcomes
- Proactively work to streamline workflows, build efficiency, plus improve security and user interface of various platforms
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- More than 5 years of related work experience on clinical research trials with a complete understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Familiar with ICH-GCP guidelines, industry best practices, and FDA regulations
- Statistical data analysis using SAS preferred.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and within a team.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in communicating technical information and specifications.
- Strong interpersonal skills that can be used to effectively collaborate on work with other technical personnel.
- Demonstrates a results-orientation, determination, ownership of responsibility, reliability, and accountability, and yet functions as a team member and follows direction as part of a team under general supervision.
- Coordination and planning of tasks and time management.
- Recognize potential obstacles and work within set timelines.
- Conscientious and precise delivery of work even when under pressure.
- Proactive with problem-solving skills.
- Communicate and collaborate with key players, internal and external staff.
- Check in regularly with Department Director and complete assignments by agreed deadline.
- Document process and provide regular updates.
- Proactively seek methods of improvement, of individual work and project outcomes.
- Proactively work to streamline work flows, build efficiency, security and user interface of various platforms.
This position is non-exempt from overtime. Salary available upon request. Includes full benefits package.