MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC) catalyzes healing and well-being through psychedelic drug development, therapist training programs, and sales of prescription psychedelics prioritizing public benefit above profit. Founded in 2014, MAPS PBC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
MAPS PBC is committed to the evolution of psychedelic healing modalities. We are building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome applicants who thrive in the midst of a growing organization that values science and healing.
We believe in diversity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, military and veteran status, religions, abilities, and perspectives. MAPS PBC values and seeks applicants who are people of color, queer, transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender fluid people. MAPS PBC strives to establish a supportive, equitable and accessible work environment.
MAPS PBC is seeking an enthusiastic, focused, and organized person to join our Clinical Operations Department. The Admin role will report to the Director of Clinical Operations and will administratively support the Clinical Operations team. Suitable candidates are able to work well in a fast environment and adept at organizing and managing lots of information virtually. Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at: tinyurl.com/applyMPBC
This position is located in the MAPS PBC office in Santa Cruz, CA or in a satellite office in Oakland, CA.
Hours: Full time 40 hours per week. Applicants must be available 40 hours a week, during normal business hours (9:00 AM – 6:00 PM Monday-Friday PST).
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree. Interested in clinical research.
· Ability to work independently and within a team
· Open and clear communicator demonstrating, excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, and external partners
· Confident and influential approach
· Ability to be flexible, responsive and creative as well as efficient, pragmatic and organized
· Self-motivating, able to prioritize and take initiative
· Make informed decisions based on guidance from manager and take responsibility for actions
· Possess sound judgment and discretion
· Able to lead, motivate and understand the needs of others
· Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
· Able to work quickly in a remote virtual setting
· Coordination and planning of tasks and time management
· Recognize potential obstacles and work within set timelines
· Conscientious and precise delivery of work even when under pressure
· Proactive in problem solving
· Computer skills, facility with word-processing and spreadsheet applications
· Ability to use the following tools with some training (previous experience a plus): Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Sharepoint), Smartsheet, Zoom, Adobe sign and Asana
General Admin Responsibilities
· Provide administrative assistance, where directed by the Director of Clinical Operations and Clinical Teams
· Provide assistance in tasks relating to preparation, formatting, ensuring timely review of documents through the review process
· Arranging travel and accommodations for the Director of Clinical Operations and Clinical Project Operations Manager, as needed
· Assigning billing codes for invoices, expense reporting, as requested
· Assist in the creation and review of presentations
· Maintain effective communication with internal and external constituents
· Assist with translations of documents
· Assist with ordering and shipping supplies for study sites and staff
· Sending documents and paperwork to outside colleagues
· Assist with meeting planning and scheduling, including obtaining physical location for meeting as needed
· Provides support and logistics for board meetings, board retreats and staff retreats
· Participate in internal and external meetings, facilitates as needed and documents meeting outputs/decisions and action items, archives meeting materials to document repository, and distributes materials accordingly to key stakeholders
· Assist with onboarding/offboarding of team members
· Assist with task management through management of Asana boards, as needed
· Assist with tracking of training documentation for team members
· Assist with obtaining and tracking signatures through Adobe Sign
Apply to: http://tinyurl.com/applyMPBC